Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Assignments

1) write 4-page introductory introduction to CASA. (The current introduction runs 60 pages. It's more of an... overview... than an introduction!)

2) build a few mockups of what a status and forecast page might look like, for all the poor schlubs who are sitting at their home Universities, and starting to be terrified that they won't know what to do with the data coming out of the correlator.

3) a few minor adjustments to the spreadsheet.

Apparently, this is supposed to take me the remaining ~8 weeks of my time here.

So I think I'll write a grant proposal. ; )

One thing I've learned is that spending time at a 4-year, underfunded, teaching University makes you really, really efficient about using your time. And spending time at a research institution encourages you to think about things. That's not meant to be a criticism. It's not bad, it's just different. They have a tendency to overthink, and I have a tendency to slap things together and call it good. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...

No comments: