Friday, October 10, 2008

My head... it's on fire!

Wow! Good morning! That's every reason to come to Socorro, right there.

I finally caught the elusive burrito lady. And, unlike the last time I was here, I was not too shy to ask questions!

She tries to get here around 8 am, so she can catch the VLA shift change before the van heads up the mountain. Looks like I'm coming to work at 8 from now on. That's easy, because I won't have to make breakfast before I leave the house!

She sells 5 kinds of burritos out of her cooler---so I could get a different one every day of the week! Two kinds of potato burritos, a bean burrito, a meat and bean burrito, and, of course, the world-famous breakfast burrito. Given that the breakfast burrito sets your head on fire, I can't wait to try the others!

This is going to break the budget---$2.50 per burrito. That's $12.50/week, or $50/month. I'll have to economize on the electric bill. ; )

Someone else came up during our chat, so on Monday, I'll get her name, and find out if she runs a restaurant in town.

Heaven is setting your head on fire first thing in the morning, when the air is so cool you've got your long sleeves and jeans on.

No comments: