Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ups... and downs...

Ups:
1) Barack did well in the debate, I thought. Many times I yelled 'That's what I'VE been saying!' Especially about the sacrifices we are about to face. I really appreciate someone who's going to tell me the truth, even if it's hard to hear. And then I got to yell (twice) at McC about the planetarium 'overhead projector'. OMG. Can we get someone smarter than me into the White House, please? I don't want someone like me in the White House. I want someone BETTER than me.

2) Yesterday, things went well in the workshop. I feel like I'm starting to remember a lot of stuff, and also am able to see how things need to be changed to make them easier to use for random joe-schmoe University prof. who is pressed for time. Today, I'll be downloading my new data, taken over the summer, and trying to get it reduced. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it!

3) Today, I ran into the electric man, who was digging a hole in the yard to try to find the meter. I was able to ask him lots of questions about the garbage 'bunker', how to get rid of stuff, etc. Turns out, if I put all the crap left by the prior tenant by the curb, and then call the city, they will come and get it---for FREE! (Unless it requires heavy equipment to move, in which case, they'll charge me $7 for up to a full dumptruck load.) That's so good. I can get rid of the terrible old recliner that was left out in the rain!

4) Finally got all the windows washed. I can see out of them now!

5) I found a better public radio station, that carries ATC from 5-7 pm. How am I supposed to stay informed without Melissa, Andrea, Michele and Robert to tell me what's happening!?

Downs:
1) A cockroach. In the bathtub. This means I'm going to have to go out after work this afternoon and invest in a bunch of roach-proof canisters, for rice and pasta, whilst I go about the cockroach elimination program. (Hence my discussion with the electric man about the garbage, above.)

2) No burrito lady today. I think I missed her, because I was talking to the electricity man. Fortunately, I did eat something before I left the house, just in case!

No comments: