Friday, November 7, 2008

The Man

is spending this morning at parent-teacher conferences with Michelle.

And all of America is going 'Oh, crap. When's my parent-teacher conference? Oh crap. I'd better hitch up my pants, put a belt on and get my sorry butt to my kids' school.'

I keep fearing to get let down. And then he walks the walk, and does things I didn't even expect, that are such powerful messages to the people. Who ever would have expected that the president-elect of the United States of America, the most powerful person on the entire planet, would spend the Friday morning of election week in parent-teacher conferences?

For me, the higher standard is the parent-teacher conference, and not the solving of the economic crisis. Although I expect that too. Just, sort of, you know, if he can squeeze it in while he's changing the culture of the country to include things like responsible parenting, and caring about the future. Oh. He's on it? And getting advice from a wide array of stakeholders and experts? Even people of varying points of view? No lobbyists allowed? Oh. Good. Right on. I'll go back to responsibly doing my job then, and wait to hear about how I can help with the most excellent plan that will no doubt be devised.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Amen.
(I went to parent-teacher conferences *last* week. I'm just sayin'.)