Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes...

you just need a manager.

Which sounds funny coming from me, but it's true.

I was ranting to J about how this whole software project seems to lack a coherent vision, and any way of reporting problems, progress, etc.

Then I find out there IS no manager.

They are trying to hire one.

Have been for quite some time.

The project's doing pretty well for a bunch of scientists and developers just getting stuff done with no deadlines, meetings, oversight, or conflict resolver.

2 comments:

jcaastro said...

"Children of AIPS! Of AIPS++! My fellow scientists. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of the astronomer fails, when we forsake our colleagues and break all bonds of collegiality, but it is not this day. An hour of interference and shattered correlators when the Age of Astronomy comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we code! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Astronomers of the West!"

-S. said...

Um... jcaastro, sometimes you're kind of a nutty-nut!

But that's why I love you.