Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The upside of having a 'boss'...

Sometimes, it's really fun to have a 'boss'. Just yesterday, I finished the software audit that was supposed to take me until April. This morning, he tells me it's just what he wanted, only better.

So now I get to sit around and look pretty, while my 'boss' scrambles to figure out what to do with me for the next four months...

(Of course, I'll be busily pulling data out of the archive, and getting some science done in the meantime...)

It's fun to watch 'em sweat.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Huh.

You made me realize the huge downside of *not* having a boss (in the traditional sense). There's never a moment where you can exceed expectations or finish a project ahead of a deadline, because the work environment is so open ended. In fact, this must be why I hold onto the idea that I'm going to go back and finish ___ project. They never really have any end.

Nice job. But *especially* a nice job in your choice of things to do over the weekend.