Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Montana dreamin'

Just back from Bozeman, Montana (with a brief 32-hour stop at the homestead---including the Superbowl party!). I killed. I say that because I was talking to the public about interferometry and Fourier transforms, and not only did they laugh at my jokes, and ask lots of good questions, but they asked me to come back in July for their big Yellowstone star party. (Picture me blowing on my fingernails and polishing them on my lapels. If I wore lapels.)

Here are a couple of photos of me and my new friends Richard and Melanie at Yellowstone! The most amazing thing is the way the steam condenses on the trees. The shopping bag photo is in front of Old Faithful, and contains a totally sweet jigsaw puzzle of a geologic map, and a book called 'The Mind of the Raven', which is mostly about ravens being smarter than you ever imagined. Gosh. Nature. Wow.








No comments: