Thursday, February 5, 2009

Secret efforts...

So, sometimes you don't really talk about what you are doing, because of a superstitious belief that if you do, you will lose your momentum, or get side-tracked, or talked out of it, or talk yourself out of it. Or maybe you just feel like it's so far from what you are normally doing that you aren't 'supposed' to be doing it, and you might get in trouble.

At any rate. Out of the closet come I. This is a scary moment! Eep! Crack the door... peer around out there... see what it looks like... poke out my toe... go for it!

The first draft of my first novel is done.

The rewrites through chapter 4 are done. I'll continue rewrites this weekend. My A#1 reader tells me he had chills at the end of the prologue. That's good, because that's what I was after.

I'm actually going to finish this one.

Anybody know how to get a novel looked at by a publisher?

1 comment:

Adam said...

I've had suspicions of this; some clues were pretty clear and I've been meaning to ask more about it. But for now: Congratulations. I am so excited for you.