Monday, September 22, 2008

Ho-hum, one of THOSE computer days.

Once in a while, you get one of those computer days that make you wonder why you have one.

The cable is intermittent. So I went to Comcast's website, where they had a chat feature. I figured I'd try it instead of calling. I got a swift response. But then the guy told me to go turn off the cable modem, and do a bunch of other things, and then turn it back on, and let him know what happened. He never did understand that then I wouldn't be able to tell him what happened. See. Because he's not the only chatter. See.

And then I neglected to save frequently. Until finally the helpful software said, 'Unable to save.', when I finally tried to do so. Ummm... help could not help. Ummm.... no help on the interweb. No 'save as' available. D'oh. Work lost.

But, I started packing for Socorro! So that's good. I need to buy another can opener. Or maybe I should just take the one we have, and leave John opener-less. Devious. That's what I am.

No comments: