Monday, September 15, 2008

Hooray! and frustration...

The neurologist assures me that my MRI looks clean to him, and he thinks I should just 'continue to avoid risk factors'. It's unlikely that I'll have an aneurysm. Hooray!

An interesting sort of turf challenge today, which probably actually isn't one. A colleague, who once accused me of 'lowering standards' with a course proposal for high school students, has raised his... head, and wants to propose an environmental physics class. Sigh. He suggests we lower the course number to 1000-level, and that the department 'should work together to develop a suitable course rather than as individuals'. This drives me crazy, because the course has been on the books for the 15 years that he's been here, and it's not until the year that I decide to do something about it that he decides to do something about it. Grrr... I'm overly sensitive, no doubt.

I lost my temper, wrote and deleted three emails, and then wrote and sent one in which I told him what I'd done on the course and tossed the ball back in his court.

I'm taking the rest of the day off, because I am not going to have brain surgery!

No comments: