Thursday, September 11, 2008

So then, on Tuesday...

We had a Miller Education Project meeting, where we got to talk about the Science Safari that Adam and I ran this summer. It was great to be able to talk about all the wonderful things that happened on the trip, and we even got to give Steve Starks his very own geiger counter! He was pretty amazed by it, I think. He didn't know what to do with it exactly, but that doesn't matter.

So, now added to the plate, is three more trips for next year. Fortunately, I only have to do one of them! Adam is going to team up with someone from English (probably) to do a Science and Reading/Writing/Literature Safari. I'm sure he'll have a better title than that. John Armstrong, Michele Zwolinsky and Bonnie Baxter, from Westminster, are going to team up for Astrobiology, probably visiting Great Salt Lake and Yellowstone to look at extremophiles. (I should remind them about ISU---I'm sure Linda would let them visit to play with radiation-hardened bugs...) And that leaves one. Maybe Adam and I will team up again. Or maybe he only wants to do one next year... but I'm supposed to send him some ideas in the next couple of days. Maybe Dan Bedford and I could do one about environmental issues---including climate change and alternative energies. Somebody owns those wind turbines north of town... hmmmm...

No comments: